Most of the Indian citizens today know the importance of Aadhaar card. The GOI has been taking measures to make Aadhaar card a mandatory document by 2020. Today, estimates indicate that most of the Indian citizens have either applied or already have acquired the Aadhaar card.
To those, who have applied the UIDAI have provided three options to check the status of the Aadhaar card.
- Online method
- Through UIDAI toll-free number.
- Through SMS from Aadhaar registered number.
Before going deep into the topic, here is something you should know before checking the status of your application.
Pre-requisite for checking application status through toll-free or SMS
- Enrolment number (14-digit) or EID (28-digit)
- Enrolment date and time in acknowledgment slip or enrolment slip
- Registered Aadhaar mobile number
PS: remember that Aadhaar card status cannot be found out without the above-mentioned details if you have lost your Aadhaar card enrolment slip and the details, the UIDAI site provides you the option to find the enrolment details on their website. Click here https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
Here is the step by step procedure to follow to check the Aadhaar card status through a toll-free number
This is one of the oldest and simplest methods.
- Step 1: Pick up your Aadhaar registered mobile number or any phone and dial 1800-300-1947. PS: This number is a toll-free number and can be used by anyone in India.
- Step 2: You will have to wait until an agent picks up the call, as the agent picks up the call he/she will ask you for your enrolment ID. Provide the enrolment ID as printed on your enrolment slip
- Step 3: The agent will cross reference the enrolment ID and if the ID you provided matches the database, the agent will provide the status of the Aadhaar card.
If the agent tells you that the Aadhaar card is already dispatched then, ask the agent to provide you the tracking ID of your consignment and the institution handling the consignment. Most commonly the UIDAI dispatches the courier or consignment through Indian post. To check the status of your courier click here https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/TrackConsignment.aspx?t=qCX2UoAOrpFE19xQruumJw== Enter the tracking ID or consignment number as provided by the agent on the phone and click “track” button. You will get all the details of your courier.
Here is the step by step procedure to follow to check the Aadhaar card status through SMS
- Step 1: One of the most efficient methods with less strain is this method; you simply have to pick up your registered mobile number.
- Step 2: Open the create text message option, type UID STATUS <14-digit enrolment ID> PS: enter the enrolment ID carefully
- Step 3: Send the message to the number 51969
Once the message is delivered, it will take almost 10 to 30 minutes for the status to be sent back to your phone from the UIDAI server.