You may be having an Aadhaar Card, but when you search for it to your utter surprise, you may find out that you have lost it. So, what do you do then as you require it for important works? There is nothing to worry; just continuing reading, and you will know how you can have a duplicate card and print that.
The steps to follow to have duplicate Aadhaar Card
There are certain steps that you must follow so that you can have a duplicate Aadhaar Card. It is good to know the steps so that if such a condition arises, you are ready to download one.
– You need to be at the official site of UIDAI. The site address is https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in.
– After you reach the site on the designated page, you can either enter your enrollment number or Aadhaar Card number along with personal details like full name or pin code to generate an OTP.
– As you get the OTP in your registered mobile number, you need to fill it so that it can be validated by the designated authority.
– As the OTP is validated, the Aadhaar Card will be downloaded.
– The Aadhaar Card will be download as in PDF file format, and it will be password protected.
– To open the Aadhar Card, you need to enter your name first four letters and birth year. For example if your name is Rattan and year of birth if 1984 then the password would be “RATT1984”. Later on there was a simple password, your area pin code.
– The next step is to validate the signature.
Steps to validate the signature
The below steps need to be followed to validate the signature in the Aadhaar Card.
- You have to open the card giving the pin code
- You then need to go to signature properties and see the signature certificate.
- In the certificate viewer, you need to be in the Trust tab and click on OK.
- You then need to check all the boxes like certified documents, dynamic content and the rest.
- After doing so, you need to click on validate the certificate.
As you have done so, you will have a valid Aadhaar Card, and you can take a print out of the same.