Aadhaar Card has become one of the most ID Card in past and the database is linked to all the central government system. During any transaction, an OTP is sent to the mobile number of the Aadhaar card holder and hence it is quite important to have all the phone numbers updated in the Aadhaar. It is possible to update all the details online in Aadhaar so if you are moving your home, you can simply navigate to UIDAI portal and update the Aadhaar details.
It is also possible to update the phone number on Aadhaar card through online process and let us see how you can correct the wrong mobile number on Aadhaar Card.
Now Changing Mobile Number Online options are disable recently you can update it only by nearest aadhar enrolment center.
Changing Mobile Number through Post
If you do not have the access to the old mobile number then you can simply get the mobile number changed by sending a post to UIDAI. Here is how you can do it.
- Start by downloading the Aadhaar correction form available on the UIDAI website. You can click here to download the form. Print the form to proceed with.
- Now carefully fill all details on the form and ensure that you will all the details in capital letters.
- Take a blank paper and write down the application for the change of mobile number mentioning all the details. This is required as there is no option to update the mobile number in the new form.
- Now attach the documents mentioned in PoA and PoI, do not forget to mention your Aadhaar number on all these forms and pages.
- You will then have to post the form on one of the following address. The most preferred way to send the post is through speed post.
- Address 1 – UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
- Address 2 – UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
- The request will be triggered once the post has been received by UIDAI. It can easily take 10 to 15 days for the number to be corrected on the Aadhaar
Changing Mobile Number by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
You can also visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre to process the changes and here is how you can do it.
- To begin with, you can navigate on this url https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx to find the nearest Aadhaarcentre. Enter the appropriate values to find the nearest centre and note down the address.
- Once you visit the centre, you can obtain the correction form and fill in the details on the form. Verify the details filled by you and submit the form to the operator.
- Now, the operator will give you an acknowledgment slip and you can retain the slip with you. The mobile number will be updated within 7 working days.
These were various ways to correct wrong mobile number in Aadhaar card and you can follow any of these ways to get the data updated.