Today, Aadhaar is one of the most important ID proof available with people. It is linked with bank accounts, PAN Card, insurance policies and every other important document. It also serves the purpose of KYC registration and in such a case it is important to link your phone number to the Aadhaar card. It has become important to link the telephone number with Aadhaar card. It is possible to update your Aadhaar number online but if you are registering your mobile number for the first time then you need to visit the Aadhaar center for the same.
Registering Mobile Number with Aadhaar for the First Time
– If you are registering you a mobile number for the first time with Aadhaar card then remember that you would have to visit the Aadhaar enrollment center with for registration.
– Obtain an Aadhaar updating/correction form from the executive and fill in the form with the correct details.
– Along with the form, submit a copy of the Aadhaar card and any other identity proof as well. Once the documents have been submitted, the form will be forwarded to the concerned person
– Upon successful validation, the contact number on your Aadhaar will be updated.
Updating or changes the Old Mobile Number on Aadhaar Card
– Previously you can update the number on Aadhaar card online and for that, the prerequisite is that you must have the old mobile numbers with that you can change it by UIDAI portal. But recently UIDAI disable the option of online mobile number change.
So if you want to update or change your old number with new one. You have to visit nearest aadhar centre with your original aadhar card.
Note: It is always important to keep the mobile number update on the Aadhaar card as this would help in KYC registration and many other domains.