The present government is putting a lot of stress on digitalization and in order to offer a higher degree of digitalization, the government has offered free digital lockers to each and every citizen of India. This locker can’t be used to save your real assets but the locker can be used to store the important document. This is a cloud-based service and you should certainly use it
Now in a recent move, the DigiLocker has also partnered with UIDAI so that people are able to use DigiLocker. This facility also comes with a lot of benefits and some of the benefits of DigiLocker are mentioned below.
Benefits of DigiLocker
- You can use DigiLocker to store any sort of important documents. The list of the document can include your mark sheets, Driving License, Passbook or any other document which is important to you. This way you reduce the risk of documents being destroyed in fire or any other way.
- This would also enable you to get the access to any of the document at any given time. Even if you are not at home, you will have the access to all the important documents.
- Some of the documents are fetched directly from the issuing authority and this enables the department to eliminate the need for validating the documents produced by you
If you are not already using DigiLocker then you must go ahead and use DigiLocker and here is how you can do it.
Steps to Store Aadhaar Card in DigiLocker
Here is how you can store your Aadhaar Card in Digital Locker
- You can start the process by simply navigating to the website of DigiLocker https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- Once the website is displayed, you can click on sign up and you will be navigated to a new page. On this page, you will be prompted to enter your mobile number. Enter the mobile number and an OTP request will be triggered. You can now enter the OTP to proceed.
- You will now be requested for a few more details and in addition to this; you will also have to enter your Aadhaar Number in the designated Area. This will trigger another OTP request and hence enter the OTP to validate the aadhaar number provided by you.
- Now, you aadhaar card will automatically be synced in the application and you would not have to save it manually. The UIDAI and DigiLocker have partnered together to provide this service to you.
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card in DigiLocker
It is really easy to download the Aadhaar Card from DigiLocker and here is how you can do it.
- You can again start the process by navigating to the DigiLocker and you can to access the website here https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- On the website, click on Sign in Button. You can now use your username and password to login or you can also use your Aadhaar card to log in to the DigiLocker
- After you log in, you will notice a dialog box with an option, Get Your eAadhaar. Click on the same and this will trigger an OTP request. Enter the OTP in the designated area.
- You will now be redirected to a page where all the issued documents are saved. You can click on the save icon on the Aadhaar Card to download the Aadhaar Card.
It is certainly very easy to upload and download aadhaar card on DigiLocker but you can also download other documents like PAN Card on DigiLocker. If you are not using this service already then you must start using the service as it has a lot of benefits for you.