How To Do Update / Correction in Aadhar Card Details Online

Are you looking to update or apply changes in your Aadhar details online? – Aadhar is now mandatory for most of the document registration in India, till date Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued 117,03,30,715 aadhar and its number is increasing day by day.

Somehow if you have unknowingly provided wrong details during enrolment or by typo mistake of any spelling in your name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number and email id can be corrected by online previously but now you can change only address details online. For other changes you have to visit nearest aadhar centre.

Step To update your Aadhaar Card Address online at home

Simply follow the below given steps and you will be able to change / update / correction in your Aadhaar card Details.

login in aadhar details

  • After filling the both details Click on the Send OTP Button
  • Then you will receive the OTP in your linked mobile number, enter that same number on the screen.
  • Also entered the Captcha Code and submit.
  • On the Data Update Request page, enter the details that you need to change on the form.

details to change

  • In next step you need to browse and update the self-attested soft scan/digital copies of the supporting documents as proof for the updation / changes or correction.
  • You will be given a URN Number (Aadhaar card Update Request Number), which is must essential for checking your aadhar correction update status later.

Please Note: To follow above all the steps you must have registered your mobile number with aadhar that can be linked while enrolment the aadhar or by going to nearest aadhar centre.

Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Details Updating or Correction

You need to have following documents ready before apply the name address and date of birth detail changes. Below are the document details:

Supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections

  • Passport
  • PAN Card
  • Ration/ PDS Photo Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
  • Arms License
  • Photo Bank ATM Card
  • Photo Credit Card
  • Pensioner Photo Card
  • Freedom Fighter Photo Card
  • Kissan Photo Passbook
  • CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
  • Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
  • Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
  • Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Joint Affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar
  • Gazette Notification
  • Legal Name Change Certificate
  • (For above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy/scan of the documents must be taken along with the Resident’s photo)

Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents

  • Birth Certificate
  • SSLC Book/Certificate
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
  • PAN Card
  • Marksheet issued by any Govt. Board or University
  • Govt. Photo ID Card/Photo Identity card issued by PSU containing DOB
  • Cenrtal State Pension Payment Order
  • Central Govt. Health Service Scheme photo card or Ex Servicemen contributory health scheme photo card

Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address

  • Passport
  • Bank Statement/ Passbook
  • Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
  • Ration Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Water bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
  • Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
  • Insurance Policy
  • Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Arms License
  • Pensioner Card
  • Freedom Fighter Card
  • Kissan Passbook
  • CGHS / ECHS Card
  • Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
  • Income Tax Assessment Order
  • Vehicle Registration Certificate
  • Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
  • Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
  • Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
  • Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
  • Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Passport of Spouse
  • Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
  • Allotment letter of accomodation issued by Central/State Govt. of not more than three years old
  • Marriage Certificate issued by the Govt, containing address