Allahabad Bank is a public sector bank in India and it was incepted in 1865. At present, the bank is being headed by Ms. Usha Ananthasubramanian and the bank has over 2500 branches across India. As per the notification from the government, it is mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with the Bank Accounts and the same is also applicable to the customer of Allahabad bank as well.
If you have an account in Allahabad Bank then this article is for you as we have listed the process to link the Aadhaar card with the bank account in this article.
You can link the Aadhar card with the bank account through the online process and it takes hardly about 2 minutes to complete the process. Here is how you can do it.
- The first step of the process is to navigate to the Allahabad bank’s net banking portal and then you can simply login to the portal using the credentials. You can click here to go to the portal directly.
- After logging in, navigate to the left hand menu bar and click on Aadhaar linking Request. Clicking on the link will display a new page.
- On the next page enter the Aadhaar number and click on submit button. You will then receive a request number which can be later used to track the status of the linkage between the Aadhaar card and the bank account.
If you do not have the net banking facility then you can also link the Aadhaar card to the bank account through the offline process. Here is how you can do it.
- To start the process, you can visit the nearest branch along with your passbook and original Aadhaar card.
- After visiting the branch, obtain a copy of the Aadhaar seeding form from the bank official and fill in the mandatory details in the form.
- You will have to fill the Aadhaar number, account number, name of theaccount holder and other such details. It is also necessary to attach a copy of Aadhaar card to the form.
- Now submit the form to the bank officials and obtain the acknowledgment slip from the official.
- The process will take about 5 to 10 working days to be completed and once the Aadhaar card is linked, you will receive an SMS notification for the same.
This was the process to link the Aadhaar card with the Allahabad bank and you must complete this two minutes process before the deadline so that your account is not blocked.