As per government rules, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar number to your bank account. Aadhaar number has been a valid proof for every citizen of India.To avail some benefits and scheme from the government, it is essential to get your bank account linked to Aadhaar number. By Linking Aadhaar Card detail with your bank account, you can avail a lot of benefits from the government.
For most banks, last date for Aadhaar seeding is 31st December 2017. If your family members have an account in a Federal bank, then you will have to follow offline methods to link their bank account. If you fail to link your UIDAI to a bank account, then your federal bank account will be inactive and blocked after December 31, 2017.
If you have a Federal bank account, go through the following steps to link your bank account with Aadhaar Card details. Most of the banks offer a lot of facilities for its customers to link Aadhaar number to their bank account. Unfortunately, some of the best options are currently not available for Federal Bank customers. Linking Aadhaar card to a bank account through SMS, mobile app, net banking facility and online is unavailable right now. Hence, Federal Bank customers can link the Aadhaar card with bank account by directly visiting the branch. For confirmation, just visit the official website www.federalbank.co.in
Linking Aadhaar number to bank account offline
- If you are an existing customer, then approach Federal bank officers and ask for an Aadhaar linking form.
- Fill up the form by mentioning all the required details that given in the form like Aadhar card number and account number.
- After filling the form, submit your form along with the original and photocopy of your Aadhaar card to the bank officer.
- After verifying the form Bank will start to link your bank account.
- Upon successful verification, you will get the confirmation message on your register mobile number.
Linking Aadhaar number to bank account via ATM
If you have Debit card of the Federal bank, then you can easily link your account. Just go through the following steps:
STEP 1: visit the Federal bank ATM center
STEP 2: After swiping the debit card and entering your pin, select other service and choose “Aadhaar Seeding”.
STEP 3: And then, you will be prompted to input your 12 digit Aadhaar card number. Verify your UIDAI number by typing it again.
STEP 4: click on submit. Seeding request will be sent to the federal bank. Once the federal bank has linked your bank account through ATM, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
How to track Aadhaar seeding process?
If you have registered your mobile number with a bank account, then tracking Aadhaar seeding status is easy.
- Just dial *99*99*1#
- Input your 12 digit UIDAI number
- You will be able to see your bank account linked to Aadhaar number.