Indian Overseas Bank is a public sector bank in India and the bank has its headquarters in Chennai. As per the information available, the bank was established in 1937 and the brank is presently being headed by Mr. R Subramania kumar. The bank has over 3400 branches apart from the 80 international branches. ‘
If you also have an account with Indian Overseas Bank and if you have not linked your Aadhaar card with the bank then go through the article to explore the various options to link the two.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Indian Overseas bank Account through Online Medium
Follow the steps to link the Aadhaar card with Indian Overseas Bank via Net Banking
- To begin with, you can start by logging in to the net banking of Indian Overseas Bank. To be redirected to the website, you may click here.
- On the dashboard, you will see a link for the Aadhaar seeding, click on the link to proceed to the next page. Alternatively, you can also find the link in the services tab.
- Now, enter the Aadhaar number and click on submit button. The Aadhaar will then be linked to your bank account and you will get an acknowledgment number for the same.
Follow the steps to link the Aadhaar card with Indian Overseas Bank via SMS
- It is really easy to link the Aadhaar card with the Indian Overseas Bank via SMS. All you have to do is that you have to type the message in a fixed format and send it on 56161 to complete the seeding.
- The format of the message is AADHAAR <15 Digit Bank Account Number><12 Digit Aadhaar Number>
- On sending the message, you will receive an acknowledgment via SMS only.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Indian Overseas bank Account through OfflineMedium
Follow the steps to link the Aadhaar card with Indian Overseas Bank by visiting the branch
- If your phone number is not registered with the bank and if you do not have the access to the net banking then you can visit the branch and obtain an Aadhaar Seeding Form to complete the process.
- Fill in the form with the correct details and attach a self-attested copy of Aadhaar card. Also, mention the purpose of Aadhaar Card Xerox so as to avoid any misuse.
- Submit this form to the bank official and obtain the acknowledgment
Follow the steps to link the Aadhaar card with Indian Overseas Bank by visiting the ATM
- If it is impossible for you to visit the branch during the working hours then you can go to one of the ATMs for Indian Overseas Bank and swipe your card.
- After swiping your card, enter your Pin and select Other Services from the menu screen.
- On the next screen, select the appropriate option for Aadhaar seeding and enter your Aadhaar number.
- Click on submit button and take the receipt for your future reference.
The process to link the Aadhaar with the bank account is very simple and it should be noted that the standard lead time for the process to be completed is 7 to 10 working days. Hence ensure that you complete the process well before the deadline.