It is now mandatory to link Aadhaar issued by UIDAI to the bank account as per RBI. The existing bank account holders would require doing the same by 31st December 2017 to enjoy uninterrupted banking services. Even for the transaction of Rs 50000 or above you need to produce Aadhaar number to the bank. In case of linking of Aadhaar to the bank account, the rules for Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) have legal force and as per the rules banks are implementing the same. The Nainital Bank has introduced various ways to link Aadhaar to the bank account. All the ways by which Aadhaar number can be linked to the bank account is easy to follow.
The procedures are discussed for the proper understanding of the bank account holders of Nainital Bank.
The Aadhaar number can be linked in various ways
- ATM: Aadhaar can be linked through ATM also. From the menu on the screen, you need to select the correct option to update your Aadhaar number.
- Online: Aadhaar number can be linked online by using internet banking service.
- Offline: Aadhaar number can be linked to the bank account by visiting a branch with Aadhaar and Passbook.
How to Link Aadhaar with Nainital Bank Account Online
The linkage of Aadhaar to Nainital Bank Account can be done in online mode. You must have the following:
- You should be ready with your user id and password to log on to internet banking.
- Your 12 digit Aadhaar number should be ready with you at the time of linking Aadhaar to your bank account.
The steps that need to be followed to link Aadhaar
- Visit the official website of Nainital Bank-nainitalbank.co.in
- Log in to your internet banking with user id and password.
- Select the “Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking” on the homepage.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number in the respective field.
- Confirm the Aadhaar number and then submit.
- Select the account number to which Aadhaar number is to be linked.
- To know the status of linking or rejection, you have to click on “Inquiry”.
How to Link Aadhaar with Nainital Bank Account Offline
The following documents required for the linkage of Aadhaar to the Nainital Bank Account under the offline mode.
- The form to link Aadhaar
- The original Aadhaar card
- The photocopy of Aadhaar card
- Bank Passbook
The steps need to be followed to link Aadhaar
- Visit the home branch
- Collect the form for linking Aadhaar
- Fill up the details on the form.
- Go to respective bank official with the filled up form along with the original and photocopy of the Aadhaar card.
- The bank official will link your Aadhaar number to your bank account, and acknowledgment receipt will be given.
- Once the Aadhaar linking process to the bank account is complete, you will receive the confirmation SMS in your registered mobile number.