As a citizen of India, you must be aware that Government of India has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with bank accounts that you have. So, if you have a bank account with South Indian Bank then also it is mandatory that you link your Aadhaar card with the same if you have not done it yet. This will ensure that you have satisfactory banking facilities and receive certain subsidies from the bank.
As you continue reading you will know how to link your Aadhaar Card with your South Indian Bank account.
Various ways of linking Aadhaar Card
There are mainly four ways to link Aadhaar card with your South Indian Bank account. It depends on your convenience to choose the way for linking the Card. The ways are:
- Online means of linking Aadhaar Card with South Indian Bank account
- Offline means of linking Card with your South Indian Bank account
- Linking of Aadhaar Card through SMS
- IVRS means of linking Aadhaar Card with your South Indian Bank account.
It entirely depends on which way you choose for linking your Aadhaar Card with the South Indian Bank account. Over here we will be discussing the online and offline means of linking Aadhaar Card with the account that you have with South Indian Bank account.
Things necessary for online linking of Aadhaar Card with South Indian Bank account
It may be that you wish to link your card to the account that you have with South Indian Bank through online means. If you wish to do so, then you must have the following with you.
- You must have user id and password for internet banking
- You must have the 12 digit Aadhaar number ready with you so that you can link it to the account.
The steps that will lead to seeding your Aadhaar Card with South India Bank account
There are certain steps that you need to follow for linking your card.
- You need to visit the official site of South Indian Bank which is southindianbank.com
- Log in to your personal banking page using the password and user id
- You must go to the link Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking
- Entering the 12 digit Aadhaar number where it is notified
- You need to verify your Aadhaar number
- You need to submit the same
As you do so, your Aadhaar Card will be linked to your South Indian Bank account.
Things necessary for offline liking of Aadhaar Card with your South Indian Bank account
It may be that you wish to link your Aadhaar card with your South Indian Bank account using offline means. There are certain things which you need to have for such linkage.
- Original and photocopy of your Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar linking form that is provided by the bank.
Steps that will lead to seeding of Aadhaar Card with South Indian Bank account
As with online means, there are certain steps need to be followed. The steps are:
- You need to download the form and take a print out of the same
- You need to carefully fill the form
- You need to visit the nearest South Indian bank with the filled up form and the original and photocopy of your Aadhaar Card
- The bank officials will do the necessary work to link your Aadhaar Card with your bank account. As the linking is done, you will have a confirmation SMS on your mobile.