Ever since the introduction of Aadhaar Number, this 12-Digit Unique identification number has become an integral part of our existence. With this number, we can now gain easy access to several facilities and privileges provided by the Government of India. The Aadhaar Number is our very own personal signature that acts as the best proof of address and identity both.
In this article, we shall discuss how to link Aadhaar with Union Bank of India Account online and offline. As an identified citizen of India and an esteemed account holder in the Union Bank of India, you may now link your 12-Digit Unique Identification Number (Aadhaar) with the account in two simple ways:
- Online Linking Via Bank’s Internet Banking Facility
- Offline Linking Through Personal Banking, i.e., by personally visiting the nearest bank branch
Before setting out to link your account with Aadhaar, please keep the following documents ready in original and hard copy format (for offline linking method) or soft copy format (for availing online linking facility)
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Passbook
Link your Aadhaar Number with Union Bank of India Account Online
In order to link the Aadhaar Number with the Union Bank Account Online, you may avail this facility by visiting the bank’s official website here https://www.unionbankonline.co.in/
- Login to your Internet Banking account or create an account at the website.
- Enter the 15-Digit account number as mentioned in the bank’s passbook
- Now, fill in the details of Aadhaar Number, registered mobile number, valid email id, name as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card. Submit these.
- Your Aadhaar shall now be automatically linked to the concerned Union Bank Account once the documents submitted are processed and verified by the bank.
Link your Aadhaar Number with Union Bank of India Account Offline
In order to link the Aadhaar Number with Union Bank Account using Offline Method, the account holders may visit their nearest Union Bank branch and get the number linked using the bank’s personal banking facility.
- Please make sure to carry the list of discussed documents when visiting the branch
- At the bank, source the Aadhaar Seeding Form and fill it with the required details. Submit the filled out form to the concerned officer at the bank.
- Upon successful verification of the documents, the officer shall hand over the acknowledgement receipt as a proof.
- Once the Aadhaar gets linked to the mentioned account, the account holder shall receive a confirmation via registered mobile number and email.
Kindly note that the Union Bank of India currently does not provide the facility of Linking your Aadhaar to the Bank’s Account via SMS or ATM. However, the Union Bank of India Account Holders are highly recommended to link their Aadhaar with their account using any of the methods discussed above in order to avail multiple benefits and direct access to the Bank’s facilities along with ensuring maximum protection of the account.