Aadhaar card is regarded as the unique identification of any person and has been made mandatory by the Government of India to link to all your bank accounts. In fact, this is a convenient way to track any fraudulent money laundering act by the Government of India. Although there has been a lot of confusion regarding this aspect, in actuality this is an entirely natural act, and many people have done that with sheer confidence.
There are four ways to link Aadhaar with your IDFC bank account.
- Linking Aadhaar card number to IDFC Bank Online
- Linking Aadhaar card number to IDFC Bank offline
- Linking Aadhaar card number to IDFC bank via SMS service
- Linking Aadhaar card number to IDFC Bank via IVRS
Steps involved in linking Aadhaar card with IDFC Bank online
- You must visit the official page of IDFC Bank i.e. idfc.com and then login using your username and password.
- Select the link to a registration of Aadhaar to internet banking.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and fill the respective field
- Verify your Aadhaar number and finally click the submit button.
- Your Aadhaar number will be verified.
Steps to link your Aadhaar number with IDFC bank account offline procedure
- You have to download and print the Aadhaar linking form from the internet.
- Fill all the necessary details
- Take the original copy as well as a photocopy of Aadhaar card a visit the nearest branch.
- Your documents will be taken by the Bank official for verification.
- You will be given the lower portion of the form meant for linking Bank details with Aadhaar number.
- The Bank official will link the number manually. He might ask for the original document for verification and will return you later.
- You will receive confirmation once the procedure is done.
- Your bank account is now linked to your Aadhaar number.
Steps involved in linking Aadhaar card with IDFC Bank account via SMS service:
For this reason, you need to have Aadhaar number and a registered bank account. The mobile number has to be logged with your bank account as well as Aadhaar card. The syntax will be like:
AADHAAR (space) 15 digit bank account number (area) 12 digit Aadhaar number,
AADHAAR is the keyword for sending SMS.
Steps involved in linking Aadhaar card with IDFC bank account via IVRS
- IDFC bank does not provide the facility to link Aadhaar via IVRS, but they offer an option through the ATM channels. You must visit any ATM and then follow the steps.
- Visit the ATM center with your Debit card and enter the pin number
- Opt for the AADHAAR registration process.
- The option will ask for the AADHAAR number twice.
- Provide the necessary details and get your AADHAAR number updated.
The procedure is simple, but you have to be meticulous while upgrading the AADHAAR number. For tech-savvy people, its better advised to administer the Aadhaar number online via net banking. But for people who are not confident in e-banking can get the Aadhaar updated through the offline process. It’s always advisable to adhere to principles and rules set by the Government to ensure better economy of the country.