Aadhaar has been made mandatory by Government of India for any type of transaction and obtaining government documents. According to the RBI guidelines, linking Aadhaar card number with your bank account is a mandate. This is an attempt to minimize any fraudulent activity arising from an illegal bank account or might be non-payment of taxes to the Government. Anyway, let’s see the method how you can link your Aadhaar number with Bank account number. There can be the following ways to link your Aadhaar.
- Online linking of Aadhaar card number with your IndusInd bank account.
- Offline linking of Aadhaar card with your bank account.
- Linking of Aadhaar card with bank account via SMS.
- Linking of Aadhaar card with Bank account via IRVS.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card with IndusInd Bank account online
In case you have done net banking before, you must be acquainted with your login id and password. Now you have to abide the following rules.
- Log in using your user id and password visiting the URL, www.indusindbank.com
- Now select the link where you have to enter your Aadhaar number card.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Verify your Aadhaar number.
- Click on submit button.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card with Induslnd Bank offline
- Collect your form for linking Aadhaar card either by downloading from the internet or collecting from your nearby branch.
- Fill up all the details which required your Aadhaar card number and other supporting documents.
- Visit your nearest branch of the IndusInd bank, and meet the bank official with a copy of Aadhaar card and also photocopy.
- He might have to see the original copy for verification purpose.
- After the document is verified, he will link the card manually.
- The bank official wills handover you half portion of the form which will be used by you.
- You will receive an SMS in your registered mobile number after your Aadhaar number is officially linked.
In case you don’t receive an SMS, might be you have to revisit your nearest branch again.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card via SMS
You should have your registered mobile and a valid account in the IndusInd bank. The bank customer will receive an SMS alert.
AADHAAR (space) 15 digit bank account number (space) 12 digit Aadhar number
AADHAAR is treated as the keyword here.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card via IVRS
Actually, IndusInd bank does not provide any facility to link Aadhaar card via IVRS. But it is possible to link the Aadhaar number via ATM channel.
- Visit the nearest ATM and then enter the pin.
- A screen will appear which will prompt you to enter your Aadhaar number.
- You have to enter the number twice.
- Now you can press submit button.
You will get a notification in your registered mobile number.
While online Aadhaar card number can get linked in a short time span, offline linking might go up to some 15 days maximum. But for people who are internet versant, it’s better for them to link the Aadhaar card number via online transaction rather than wait for the bank official to do the same.