Under the rules of Prevention of Money-laundering, the linkage of Aadhaar number to the bank account has been made mandatory by the RBI. If you have the account in the Lakshmi Vilas Bank, the process of linking Aadhaar is made easy by the Bank for its account holders. In case of opening a bank account, an applicant needs to produce the Aadhaar number. All the existing bank account holders need to furnish Aadhaar number issued by UIDAI to the bank by 31st December 2017 for uninterrupted banking services. It is also required for the transaction of Rs 50000 or above.
The procedures of linking Aadhaar with Lakshmi Vilas Bank have been discussed here under for your clear understanding.
The linkage of Aadhaar can be done in various ways
- SMS: The account holder can send SMS from the registered mobile number. SMS needs to be sent to a number and in the specific format as prescribed by the bank.
- ATM: Visit ATM. From the menu on the screen, you need to select the correct option and update your Aadhaar number.
- Online: Aadhaar number can be updated online by using internet banking facility.
- Offline: You can visit the bank and update your Aadhaar number.
Link Aadhaar with Lakshmi Vilas Bank Account Online
The linkage of Aadhaar to Lakshmi Vilas Bank Account requires the following in online mode.
- You should have access to internet banking and have user id and password
- To link the Aadhaar number, you should be ready with your 12 digit Aadhaar number
The steps need to be followed discussed hereunder:
- Visit the official website of Lakshmi Vilas Bank-lvbank.com
- Log in to your internet banking using user id and password
- Select the “Customer Services” menu on the homepage
- Select the option “Aadhaar Registration” under the customer services menu
- Select the account number to which you want to link the Aadhaar number
- Update your Aadhaar number by entering 12 digit Aadhaar number in the respective field
- You need to confirm the Aadhaar number and submit
- Check the status of linking
Link Aadhaar with Lakshmi Vilas Bank Account Offline
The linkage of Aadhaar to Lakshmi Vilas Bank Account under offline mode requires the following documents:
- The form of the bank to link Aadhaar
- The original Aadhaar card and the photocopy of the Aadhaar card
- Bank Passbook
The steps need to be followed discussed hereunder
- Visit the branch
- Collect the form to update the Aadhaar number
- Fill up the form with all the necessary details
- Go to the respective counter or bank official with the filled up form, passbook and both the original and photocopy of the Aadhaar card
- The bank official will do the needful to link your Aadhaar number to your bank account
- You will receive the confirmation SMS once your Aadhaar number is linked to your bank account.