Changing the mobile number registered in the records of EPF is now possible. This is done through the EPFO for the convenience of the members. There are three ways to update the records in the EPF. They are:
- Through the Unified portal of UAN.
- Through UAN Helpdesk
- Through OTCP
1. The following is the procedure to change the mobile number in the UAN, through the Unified portal of UAN, in case you don’t remember your password and change your mobile number is as under:
- Visit the official website of Unified portal: https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- Click on the link “Forgot Password”
- Punch in your UAN and the Captcha code and click “Verify”.
- Now the mobile number which was mapped to your UAN will be displayed. In case you want to modify the number, click “No”
- Another screen will appear and you will be asked to fill in your details such as name, birth date, sex, KYC document type and number. As soon as you are done entering these details, you can click “Verify” and proceed.
- You will now see another screen where you would be asked for KYC.
- After you are done with the verification, you will be asked for entering the latest mobile number and a PIN shall be sent on this number so that it could be verified.
2. Changing the mobile number through UAN helpdesk is actually an old method but it can also be used. We know that there is an option of UAN helpdesk where we can find resolutions to the common issues related to the UAN. So you can use this to reset the mobile number:
- Go to the official website of EPF India: https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/ and go to “Our Services”. Underneath, find “Employees” where all the services offered by the EPFO for employees are displayed. Find “UAN helpdesk” and click on it.
- It will then redirect you to a new screen where you will be able to see the Toll Free number of UAN – 1800 1180 05. (This will work perfectly if you use the Chrome Browser)
- You can now select “Click here to Register as Member” where you will now be redirected to a new screen. You would be then required to select issues that you are facing. So you can select “Forgot Password and Mobile No is Changed”.
- You would be now able to fill in all the details such as name, father’s/husband’s name, birth date, Member ID of PF, Mobile contact number and the issue that you are facing. After this you can “Generate OTP” which you would be receiving on your registered contact number. In case you get an error message, ignore it and go again.
- After thorough verification you can now submit the form and a reference number for it would get generated and sent to you on your registered mobile number.
3. Other way to update your mobile number in the UAN database is through OTCP. Following are the steps for the process:
- Go to the “Online Transfer Claim Portal”
- You will be asked to submit the documents which you can select from the options given
- Punch in the document number of the ID Proof and also your mobile number and sign in.
- Edit the profile now and check the status of your UAN. You can now make the changes which are essential.