Today, almost every Indian citizen knows the importance of having an Aadhar card. Even though the government of India has not made it a mandatory document, few of the public and the private institution has made Aadhaar a mandatory requirement to avail their services.
But, have you heard of the Baal Aadhaar card?? If not, the baal Aadhaar card is a type of Aadhaar card that is provided for the kids under the age of 5 years.
Why a separate Aadhaar card when we already have one? This is because the normal Aadhaar cards we receive have our biometrics and all other data stored in it and it is a permanent document. But, Baal Aadhaar cards are those temporary cards that have no biometric data stored in it, because kids with an age fewer than 5 years age do not have fingerprints. However, Baal Aadhaar card is not a mandatory requirement to avail any services, but, it could be made mandatory in the future. So, if you have a kid under the age of 5 years, it’s better to enrol him/her for a “Baal Aadhaar”.
Here is the step by step procedure on how to enrol and avail the Baal Aadhaar card.
- Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar enrolment center near you.
- Step 2: Ask for the enrolment form, collect the form and fill it
- Step 3: Submit the form with the child’s birth certificate and one of the parents Aadhaar card.
- Step 4: Remember to provide a valid mobile number.
- Step 5: Once the operator enters the data to his/her system, the operator would need the child’s photograph. Now child’s photograph would be clicked.
- Step 6: After the completion, the Baal Aadhaar would be linked to the Parents UID.
- Step 7: Remember to collect the acknowledgment slip.
Upon completion, an SMS would be sent to the mobile number provided. The UIDAI would allot the Baal Aadhaar card number within 60 days.
Things to remember before applying for the Baal Aadhaar card
- Parents should have an Aadhaar card (anyone)
- Parents mobile number should be registered with the Aadhaar card
- Baal Aadhaar is not a mandatory document.
- The child’s photograph would be clicked at the Aadhaar enrolment center.
So, hurry up enrol for a baal Aadhaar and reduce the mess of carrying all the documents.
Hope the article helped you