EPF passbook is a facility given to the members of EPF which allows them to download the passbook with the help of their UAN – Universal Account number. The EPF members can easily download their EPF Passbook from the portal and can save it for further use and also can keep a track of the entries made in the PF account.
Also please note that EPF Passbook through UAN is only available for the people who have got themselves registered on the website of UAN.
How to access the EPF Passbook using UAN?
To view the PF passbook, the following steps must be followed:
- Logon to official website of EPF India, https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Go to “Our Services”
- Then Click on “For employees”
- And then find “Member Passbook”.
- Click on “Member Passbook”, and it will redirect you to this page https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp wherein you would be required to fill in using your UAN number and password.
- After logging in, you would be able to see a dialog box “View Passbook” with a number starting with 000-MRN…
- Click on this number and now you would be able to see your passbook.
- You can now download and save your passbook.
- The entries in the EPF passbook are updated till February 2017 only. The website of EPF is under update.
How to save the passbook?
You cannot click the download button to save the passbook but rather select the Print option and Change the “Destination” to “Save as PDF”
What to do in case you forgot the password of your UAN website?
In case you are not able to recollect the password for the UAN website, you can reset the same through the below mentioned modes:
- Unified portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- EPFO website
- UAN Member e-Sewa portal
Changing the password of the UAN is not that complicated. All you need is the registered mobile number where the One Time Password will be received. Sometimes, the employees do not remember the password and the mobile number also is changed then you need the name, Date of Birth, and Aadhaar/PAN card handy. These details should match the details as saved in the EPF database.
Things to remember
- The facility to check the member passbook is available only for the members registered on the portal.
- The members can see the passbook from the very next day of their registration at the portal.
- Any changes made to the credentials of Member portal shall come into effect from the next day.
- All the entries present in the passbook have been reconciled at the field office of EPFO