The UIDIA have launched an App that syncs Aadhaar date with cardholder’s mobile phone. However, today, this app is available for Android OS only and can be downloaded from Google Play Store. But, be careful enough to download the genuine mAadhaar app. So, what exactly does this app help cardholder? Once this app is installed on your mobile phone, and synchronized with your Aadhaar card. This app downloads and stores all your Aadhaar card details like address, biometrics, mobile number, email address, bank account details etc.
One of the notable features of this app is that it allows the user to share the Aadhaar profile and the data with third-party applications through QR codes, NF, and barcodes. Few of the important things to consider before installing the app are.
- The mobile on which the app is being installed should have the Aadhaar registered mobile number
- The mobile number should be active to receive the OTP
- You should not navigate away from the mAadhaar homepage while waiting for an OTP
- Information’s can be shared through barcode, QR, and NFC
- This app fetches the OTP automatically and the user does not have to enter it.
Now, here is the step by step procedure for creating the profile and using the software.
- Step 1: Download and install the mAadhaar from Google Play store
- Step 2: Open the app and the page on the app will ask you to create a password before downloading any Aadhaar card details.
- Step 3: Enter a strong password with a minimum 8 characters and confirm the password.
- Step 4: Now, enter the password and open the app. Now scan the barcode or QR code on the Aadhaar card or enter the Aadhaar card number to the app.
- Step 5: if the Aadhaar card number and the mobile number matches, you will receive an OTP on your number.
- Step 6: The app fetches the OTP automatically and you have to click on the verify button on the screen.
- Step 7: Once you click the verify button, the Aadhaar card is linked to your mobile and the app download and store the data.
- Step 8: Now if you want to view your profile, click the “profile” option on the app homepage
- Step 9: enter the password, and now the app displays all the details.
Benefits of mAadhaar app
- The cardholder does not have to carry any identification documents or Aadhaar card with them
- It is easy for the cardholder to share the Aadhaar details with service providers through barcode, QR, and NFC
- Biometric locking and unlocking allows you to lock and unlock your biometric data
- The app is secure because it is not based on SMS based OTP but, based on TOTP (Time-based One Time Password)
If you lose your phone with the mAadhaar app installed and synchronized with Aadhaar card, someone can misuse your Aadhaar card details. Ensure that you block your SIM card in such cases.
Hope this article helped you